Have you been in a motorcycle accident in North Carolina?
Why Call Us.
- We are The Firm that Rides®, and we understand the challenges that motorcyclists face on a daily basis.
- We are local, with an office conveniently located in Raleigh.
- We have decades of experience representing injured motorcyclists throughout the Atlantic region.
Learn more about Liz Sorrell, who heads our North Carolina office.
What to do at the scene of an accident.
Learn your rights and responsibilities in the event of a motorcycle accident in North Carolina. Take a few minutes to learn information that could impact one of the most significant events in your life.
How to prepare for the unexpected
For you—and your family.
- Make a copy of your medical insurance card and give it to your emergency contact.
- Keep your emergency contact up to date with any allergies or other relevant medical history.
- Give them the contact information of your trusted personal injury attorney.
- Consider giving power of attorney to a loved one so that decisions can be made on your behalf, if necessary.
While these four pieces of advice are a starting point, they’re just that—a starting point.
Our North Carolina motorcycle accident lawyers have put together a comprehensive Prepared Rider Kit that covers everything from assessing the value of your motorcycle to selecting the right insurance.
Getting these decisions right before an accident could be the difference in tens of thousands of dollars.
The laws you need to know
Enjoy the full freedom of the road.
Motorcycle laws and statutes are different in each state—and they’re constantly evolving. In North Carolina, these laws affect whether motorcyclists can drive side-by-side in a single lane, or if they can use HOV lanes while carrying a single rider.
As part of our service to motorcycle riders in North Carolina, we maintain up-to-date, annotated versions of state laws and statutes for North Carolina, as well as several other states where we practice.
Getting accurate information starts by choosing a trusted source, and our North Carolina motorcycle accident lawyers are immersed in these laws on a daily basis.
The Best (and Worst) Places to Ride in North Carolina
Have fun and stay safe.
North Carolina offers motorcyclists some exceptional rides, like the Tail of the Dragon (Deals Gap), which crosses from Tennessee into southwestern North Carolina.
But, of course, there is always a balance of risk and reward. The same scenic routes that attract motorcyclists have their own risks. According to a 2014 study by AAA, these counties are home to the most dangerous and safest roads in North Carolina:
- Counties with the most motorcycle accidents: Graham, Transylvania, Macon, Madison, Swain
- Counties with the greatest chance of any vehicle collision: Pitt, New Hanover, Person, Watauga, Union
- Counties with the lowest chance of any vehicle collision: Swain, Haywood, Currituck, Camden, Polk
More than Just NC Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
We are advocates for North Carolina motorcyclists.
We work tirelessly to ensure that your right to ride is protected in North Carolina.
If you believe your right to ride has been violated, contact us today and let us help you.
Your North Carolina Motorcycle Lawyers
If you’ve been the victim of negligence or of a violation to your right to ride, contact the Motorcycle Law Group at 1-800-321-8968.
Or, visit our North Carolina office, located in Raleigh.